We’re right in the middle of Fall, so, naturally, I have to share a pumpkin recipe with you.
My Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy to make and incredibly addictive!
The best part is that these are gluten-free (just check your oats & chocolate chips) and made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, so they’re super easy to whip up.
If you have a few minutes and want to treat yo’ self to a tasty, tastes-like-it-has-500-calories-but-actually-doesn’t treat, you have to try this recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Makes approximately 15-20 cookies. If you need more, this recipe works fine if you double it!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice (if you don’t have this, you can use cinnamon instead).
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mash banana.
- Add oats, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and stir until combined.
- Add maple syrup if desired. (Let’s be real: At this point, the sweetness of the mixture depends on the ripeness of the banana you used. I usually just taste the mixture at this point to see if I need to add the syrup or not).
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Grab a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper or greased with cooking spray.
- Scoop cookie dough on to cookie sheet with a cookie scoop or large spoon (approximately 1-2 tablespoons worth).
- Flatten cookies with a fork. (They will not flatten out on their own while cooking, but if you like them in the ball shape you can leave them. Either way they still taste great!)
- Bake at 350º for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- EAT! These cookies taste soooo yummy while warm, so you can grab a glass of milk and gobble them up! If you have leftovers or want to save them for later, store the cookies in a baggie or air-tight container (you don’t need to refrigerate them, but you can). They’ll stay fresh for at least a week (that is, if your boyfriend doesn’t eat all of them before then… theoretically speaking, of course ;)).